MDR-10 open-air headphones were shipped with the WM-F8, the first AM/FM walkman (a TPS-L2 sized device), in 1984. They have a distinctive dog-leg attachment from the plastic arm to the speaker cones, and on most the wire-arm tips are red and blue, like the MDR-4 series. They were available in many color variants, all with black foam earpads.
- Grey with blue speaker cones and red/blue wire-tips (WM-F8 circa 1984)
- Black with red accents (retail packaging, MDR-10TK)
- All-black variant (WM-8)
- Orange (lufthansa in-flight headphones).
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Model: MDR-10
- Type: Headphones
- Years of manufacture: 1984 - 1987 (roughly)
- Made in: Japan
- Original price: approx.: $15, included with $75 WM-F8.
- Impedence: 32 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20 Khz
- Weight: 27 grams (without cord)
- MDR-10TK Retail Packaging (USA)
- MDR-10TK Retail Specifications (USA)
- MDR-10 in Walkman WM-F8 Retail Packaging (USA)
- MDR-10 Lufthansa Version