Nakamichi Receiver 3👍
- Manufacturer: Nakamichi
- Model: Receiver 3
- Year of manufacture: 1991 - 1994
- Manufactured in:
- Color: Black, silver
- Remote control: Yes
- Power consumption: 200 watts (230 V version)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 100 x 275 mm
- Weight: 6 kg
- Original price approx.: 798, - DM (UVP)
- Number of inputs:
- Phono: 2.5 mV/47 kOhm
- CD, Tape : 150 mV/20 kOhm
- Number of outputs:
- 2 pairs of speakers
- Continuous power (at distortion)
- 8 Ohm: 2x 37 Watt IHF
- 4 Ohm:
- Dynamic power
- 8 Ohm:
- 4 Ohm:
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0,01%
- Signalrauschabstand: >98 dB
- Stereo channel separation:
- Tone control:
- Loudness: Switchable
- High Filter: No
- Low Filter (Subsonic):
- Direct/Line-Straight: No
- Reception: FM, MW
- FM: 87.5 - 108 MHz
- MW: 522 - 1611 kHz
- Frequency response:
- Input sensitivity: 2.2 µV/46.1 µV (mono/stereo).
- Distortion factor: < 0,15%
- Trennschärfe: >55 dB
- Co-wave selection: 2 dB
- Spurious wave selection: > 80 dB
- IF attenuation:
- IF attenuation:
- AM suppression:
- Output level:
- RDS: No
- Station memory: 10
Other models in the same series:
- Rainer Kruse at hifi-classic-reparatur.de (April 2, 2014), see also link below:
"The Stasis circuit developed by Threshold, guarantor for load stable power supply in the low impedance power range, worked in the well-known power amplifiers, and in the flat receivers!".
The SR-2,3 and 4 receivers, the SR-4 even remote controllable, had a good sounding phono section (the 2 unfortunately only MM) and of course an excellent tuner built in.
Sound-wise, these parts tend to have a natural low and wide, rather than high, stage.
An SR-4 sounds much more natural than, say, an Accuphase E-206, which plays louder and bigger, but much less musical.
Details are beautifully resolved with an emphasis on subtleties and textures, analytical in the best sense.
... Accuphase E-206 are well placed, just not rubble. ...
Today, after more than 20 years, if you get your hands on a semi-maintained unit, they run flawlessly. A manufacturing quality that the Europeans and Americans were running behind!
... the newer ones from the series Amp 1, 2 , Receiver 1,2,3,4 and CD Player with Music Bank System. This series is often badmouthed, because it was produced in a time of a declining HIFI market. Despite the use of simpler components, these units are excellently finished, well designed and make stress-free music! More so than many units from that era. The amplifiers with the amplification principle developed by Nakamichi himself are musically, warmly and bass-strongly tuned, owed to the absolute priority of the CD-its time. Unfortunately, they are no longer as stable under load, but still very good! ... "
- Nakamichi (receiver) review at hifi-classic-reparatur.de dated 2 April 2014, retrieved 17 December 2017.