Fisher

👍
From HifiWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Company profile[edit]

1937 was the birth of the Fisher company. Avery Fisher, an avid hobby violinist, founded his company Philharmonic Radio in the USA. His hobby led him to develop playback equipment of the highest quality. The devices available at that time were not capable of reproducing music of the highest quality. The first product was a hi-fi system with a tube power amplifier with negative feedback. As well as loudspeakers with magnet systems after the bass reflex principle. A receiver with an incredible frequency response of 20 ~ 20,000 Hz was also developed in 1937. In 1938 the first coaxial loudspeaker system followed and the MFB loudspeaker technique was applied. Also in 1937 the first MM pickup was presented. Already in 1939 a dynamic expander was presented to the public. Starting in 1939, channel center indicators were built into Fisher tuners. During World War II, production was switched to armaments and the manufacture of entertainment industry equipment was put on hold. In 1945, Fisher sold his Philharmonic Radio company and formed Fisher Radio, his second audio company, which manufactured high fidelity components and equipment. He recruited the technical staff preferably in Europe. This staff consisted of the best audio technicians of the time. From 1945 onwards, the company returned to the old virtues. One of the first phono preamplifiers worldwide was developed. This was followed in 1952 by Fisher's first triode amplifier with an output of 50 watts. In 1953 Fisher designed a horn speaker system for cinemas and theaters. For professional applications, a mixing console was produced in 1954 and sold at an exceptionally low price. The equipment was slowly developed further. In 1955, peak-value displays for amplifiers found their way into production. In 1956, a phono preamplifier using only transistors, the Fisher Model TR-1, was introduced and sold about 100,000 units. In the same year, so-called dual dynamic limiters were built into tuners for the non-professional hi-fi sector. Also in 1956 came the Fisher 80-C control unit, Fisher 80-R tuner, Fisher FM-40 tuner, Fisher PR-6 preamplifier and Fisher 20-A power amplifier. In August 1957, the Fisher 500 FM/AM receiver and the Fisher FM-90X, an FM-only tuner, were introduced to the public. With the advent of stereophony, a system consisting of a control unit and turntable with magnetic system (MM) followed in 1958. This system was sold at very high prices and was the best you could buy at that time. 1959 the first remote control and a first VHF/MW receiver which could play stereo broadcasts. 1960 a reverberator, Dynamic Spacexpander®, for use in hi-fi systems. A 60W receiver with the then new 7591 tube in the output was also manufactured in 1960. Fisher 500C, the first complete FM multiplex receiver in 1961. From 1959 to 1961, the Fisher company developed major improvements in FM AM stereo tuner technology as well as countless patents. In the 1960s, Fisher, like Luxman, also offered many of its devices as kits. These series were called StrataKit. Like the Fisher KX-90 and Fisher KX-100 amplifiers, the K in the model name indicates a kit. 1966 came the first tuner with automatic high frequency gain control. 1967 Introduction of Hifi systems with 7 IC`s. 1968 Tuner and receiver with Autoscan®, as well as sensor buttons. One year later, 1969, tuner and receiver with Autoscan® and seek. Fisher also manufactured for Realistic Hifi devices like the FM (UKW) tuner from 1963. Multiplex tube tuner from 1963: Realistic Model 214. These units were sold through Radio Shack branches, formerly Tandy Corporation. In 1969, as the audio market slowly developed into a mass market, Fischer sold his company to Emerson for $31 million. One might think wisely. The Fisher company would not have been able to cope with the fierce competition. Emerson later sold it to Sanyo Japan. Avery Fisher continued to consult for both Emerson and Sanyo. 1972 Receiver with PLL (Phase Lock Loop) multiplex decoder. 1975 Fisher (Emerson) acquired by Sanyo. 1977 Hifi Fisher Europe is founded. 1978 Development of a 120 pole motor for turntables (Fisher MT-6330 and MT-6340) and crystal control. As a patron, donating US$10.5 million, Fisher was also very influential on the committees of the New York Philharmonic Chamber Music Society. Lincoln Center (Philharmonic Hall) was renamed Avery Fisher Hall in 1973 in gratitude. Fisher was born in Brooklyn on March 4, 1906 and died in New York in 1994. For Hifi classic friends all devices from Fisher until 1970 are absolutely recommended. Devices after 1970 have nothing more to do with "The Fisher" and carry only the name FISHER.

Products[edit]

Web links[edit]

[edit]

Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination