ALR Jordan Number 3 en👍
- Manufacturer: ALR Jordan
- Model: number 3(number 3 1st gen, number 3 2nd gen).
- Years of manufacture: 1990 - ?
- Manufactured in: 4300 Essen 13 (ALR Akustik u. Reglungstechnik)
- Color: Black, White, Beech, Cherry, Oak
- Dimensions: 230mm x 915mm x 260mm (1st generation) 230 mm x 920 mm x 270 mm (WxHxD) (2nd generation)
- Weight: 18 kg
- Original price approx.: 2200 DM
- Type: 2 1/2-way bass reflex, floorstanding speaker
- woofer: 1x Vifa P17-WJ.. and 1 x Vifa M17.. (or very similar Vifa OEM model) 2x 17cm Vifa M17WH-?? (2nd generation)
2x 17cm Jordan Alu bass drivers(D'Appolito) - 3rd generation 1x Vifa aluminium dome tweeter with special front plate (1st generation); 1x 26mm Vifa H26TG-08 (2nd generation) 1x 26mm Vifa D26NC.. with spec. wave guide(3rd generation)
- Power handling: 120/160 Watt (nominal/music power handling)
- Efficiency: 89 dB
- Frequency response:
- Frequency response: 35 - 28,000 Hz.
- Transient response:
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 30 - 250 Watt
- real wood veneer, 2 * bass reflex tube (front and rear), bi-wiring
Not to be confused with the Number 3: https://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/ALR_Jordan_Number_3
There were 3 generations of this model:
- Generation 1 with Vifa poly. and paper bass-midrange driver and aluminium dome tweeter (This series was optically identical also already produced under the company name ART, partly still with Vifa standard front plate in front of the tweeter).
- Series 2 with Vifa H26TG-08 horn dome tweeter and Vifa paper/carbon fibre bass/midrange driver with phase plug, especially developed for ALR.
the 2nd generation has 2 equal volumes: the cabinet is diagonally divided by a divider from below the upper bass driver to slightly below the lower bass driver. In addition there is a stiffening board at the bottom and stiffeners at the top behind the bass driver. The BR tubes are of equal size/length. The low-mid crossover sits directly on the terminal and works with apparently 12db filters and even foil capacitors (MKT) in parallel to the upper TMT. The tweeter crossover sits on the rear panel behind the upper mid/bass driver.
the 3rd generation has improved special aluminium woofers from English company TED Jordan with D'Appolito configuration.
Other models of the same series:
Number 3 2nd generation: Outstanding neutral speaker that plays very "right" and confidently. Quite a "fast" speaker. Possible technical explanation: according to tests the number 2 of the same series showed an outstandingly fast decay from 1000Hz upwards, especially for 2-way speakers.
Typical for ALR not to be categorised as analytical or musical. With a good hi-fi system in front an outstanding three-dimensionality is achieved. The music comes off the speaker with ease. A bit less bass than e.g. the number 4 1st generation, but can therefore stand closer to the wall. Plays even louder still very distortion free. Does not become sonically exhausting even after a long time.