A.R.E.S. SL 100👍
- Manufacturer: A.R.E.S.
- Model: SL 100
- Years of manufacture: 1989 - 1993
- Manufactured in: Berlin
- Color: Ash black, mahogany, oak, sanding varnish black, sanding varnish light gray, against surcharge all RAL colors
- Dimensions: 232 x 1262 x 338 mm (W x H x D).
- Original price approx.: DM 5196, lacquer versions DM 5596 (RRP pair).
- Type: 2.5 way bass reflex floorstanding speaker
- Low-mid: 1 x 175mm chitin cone (unfortunately without type designation).
bass-midrange: 1 x 175 mm chitin cone (unfortunately without type designation) Tweeter: JET power handling (nominal/music): 120/250 Watt efficiency: 89 dB
- Frequency response: 25 - 45,000 Hz
- Transitional ranges: 3200 Hz, 300 Hz
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- balanced chassis arrangement
- Bi-Wiring connection terminal with gold-plated screw terminals. Also accepts banana plugs! Designed for very high cross sections.
- One bass reflex channel under the lower bass-midrange speaker, one bass reflex channel out to the rear at the upper bass-midrange speaker.
- The beads of the bass-midrange drivers discolor unattractively over time. According to Mr. Küper, former employee of the company GIA, this can be repaired by rubbing with acetone. The bead becomes flexible again. Works perfectly. Only wipe in one direction, not back and forth. If possible in one go once over the entire bead, again if needed. And make it as neat as possible. The result can be heard and seen!
Other models of the same series: